Grange Primary School follows the Australian Curriculum.
The Australian Curriculum is set up in 3 main dimensions:
- Science Humanities and Social Science – HASS (History, Geography, Civics Citizenship and Business & Economics)
- The Arts (Dance, Drama, Media Arts, Music and Visual Arts)
- Health and Physical Education
- Technologies (ICT and Design and Technology)
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Capability
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Personal and Social Capability
- Ethical Understanding
- Intercultural Understanding
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories & Cultures
- Asia & Australia’s Engagement with Asia
Performing Arts continues to be a major priority within Grange Primary’s teaching and learning programs.
The Arts program refers to all facets of performing arts.
All students have access to a weekly lesson with a specialist teacher; the main focus of these lessons in 2019 is Music and Drama.
Additionally Visual Arts continues to be integrated into classroom learning programs.
Sports & Physical Education
Student participation in Sport and Physical Education is seen as important at Grange.
Through our specialist teaching staff, sports skills/coaching programs and a highly organised after school hours sports program, a wide range of Sport and Physical Education learning activities are available to all students at Grange. The school recognises the importance of a healthy life style and regular daily fitness activities for its students.
We are proud to offer the following after-school sport activities for students:
- Netball, Wednesday lunchtime
- Soccer, Terms 2 and 3
- Softball, watch this space
- Football, Terms 2 and 3
- Cricket, Terms 1 and 4
Get in touch
Location: 39c Jetty Street, Grange SA 5022
Telephone: (08) 8353 2688
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:00pm
Recess: 10:45am to 11:15am
Lunch: 12:55pm to 1:25pm
Class times: Monday to Friday, 8:45am to 3:05pm
School grounds: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 3:20pm - where there is a teacher on yard duty