The introduction of the Australian Curriculum is an ongoing process and will occur gradually over the next few years.
Teachers are using both the new Australian National Curriculum and previous South Australian State Curriculum (SACSA) until all areas have been fully introduced.
The Australian Curriculum is set up in 3 main dimensions:
- Science Humanities and Social Science – HASS (History, Geography, Civics Citizenship and Business & Economics)
- The Arts (Dance, Drama, Media Arts, Music and Visual Arts)
- Health and Physical Education
- Technologies (ICT and Design and Technology)
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Capability
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Personal and Social Capability
- Ethical Understanding
- Intercultural Understanding
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories & Cultures
- Asia & Australia’s Engagement with Asia
Performing Arts continues to be a major priority within Grange Primary’s teaching and learning programs.
The Arts program refers to all facets of performing arts.
All students have access to a weekly lesson with a specialist teacher; the main focus of these lessons in 2019 is Music and Drama.
Additionally Visual Arts continues to be integrated into classroom learning programs.
Sports & Physical Education
Student participation in Sport and Physical Education is seen as important at Grange.
Through our specialist teaching staff, sports skills/coaching programs and a highly organised after school hours sports program, a wide range of Sport and Physical Education learning activities are available to all students at Grange. The school recognises the importance of a healthy life style and regular daily fitness activities for its students.
We are proud to offer the following after-school sport activities for students:
- Netball, Wednesday lunchtime
- Soccer, Terms 2 and 3
- Softball, watch this space
- Football, Terms 2 and 3
- Cricket, Terms 1 and 4
Get in touch
Location: 39c Jetty Street, Grange SA 5022
Telephone: (08) 8353 2688
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:00pm
Recess: 10:45am to 11:15am
Lunch: 12:55pm to 1:25pm
Class times: Monday to Friday, 8:45am to 3:05pm
School grounds: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 3:20pm - where there is a teacher on yard duty
Get in touch
39c Jetty Street, Grange SA 5022
(08) 8353 2688
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:00pm
Monday to Friday, 8:45am to 3:05pm
10:45am to 11:15am
12:55pm to 1:25pm
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 3:20pm - where there is a teacher on yard duty