2018 SCHOOL TERMS
Term 1 29 January -13 April
Term 2 30 April – 6 July
Term 3 23 July – 28 September
Term 4 15 October – 14 December
Grange Primary School and Western Adelaide Shores Partnership School closure dates for 2018
Tuesday 13 March 2018- Western Adelaide Shores Partnership – Australian Curriculum Planning Day (1)
Following Adelaide Cup Public Holiday
Monday 30 April 2018 -Student Free Day – First Day of Term 2
Friday 31 August 2018 – School Closure Day – Royal Adelaide Show Week
Monday 3 September 2018 – Western Adelaide Shores Partnership Australian Curriculum Planning Day (2)
Monday 15 October 2018 – Student Free Day – First Day of Term 4
FACILITIES IMPROVEMENT AT GRANGE PRIMARY SCHOOL
Exciting times are ahead with improvements in school grounds and facilities. These externally funded initiatives include-
- Covering of detoriated fascias on each building (recently completed).
Funded at $100,000
- STEM Facilities works to refurbish wet areas, break out from some classrooms to improve and extend learning spaces, creation of a stage and performing arts centre in the hall, improved covered outdoor space in the quad. This work is currently in progress and anticipated to be completed by the start of the 2018 school year.
Funded at $1,000,000
- Whole school refurbishment to address-
- Replace and refurbish ageing infrastructure- Need to attend to compliancy issues- remove asbestos, lift, ratios, remove transportables
- Creation of flexible, contemporary learning spaces- Need whole school improved learning facilities that will improve learning
- Boost capacity- Need more classrooms for anticipated growth of in zone students
- Improve street frontage
- Need to retain as much outside space as possible
This is a longer term initiative that will go over the next few years.
Funded at $6,000,000
- “Fund my Neighbourhood” to build a new front playground on the Jetty Street frontage near OSHC. Thanks to Debbie Moore for preparing and submitting our application, with the support of Maureen Russo and Sophia Violi and then promoting this on Skoolbag and Facebook and gaining community votes to fund the proposal. To start in 2018
Funded at $106,000
- “Residents Win” to develop and implement improved traffic solution and street frontage to Surrey Street. Thankyou to Debbie Moore for developing our application, working with Local Council to gain funding. To start in 2018
Funded at $76,000
So there are indeed exciting times ahead for the students and the wider Grange community in having the best in contemporary learning facilities alongside quality teaching.
Grant Small, Principal
Grange Primary School